Ta Da!!! Fudge & Poppy has been nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely Jennifer over at jenniferwindram.com – big smiles!
The award is a way to recognize up and coming bloggers and encourage people to visit new and interesting blogs. First, I must answer the following questions set by Jennifer…
1. What is your best summer memory?
Playing badminton in garden in the dark with a rolled up ball of foil with my Mum and my brother when I was a kid.
2. Do you sing in the shower?
No, unless there is music on in the house when I might sing along to it.
3. Have you ever put an empty carton of milk/juice back in the refrigerator?
Not to my knowledge no. I have attempted to put other items that don’t belong in a fridge into it, like cereal when I haven’t been particularly with it in the mornings.
4. Which bug do you like better: Roly Poly (pill bug) or Ladybug? Why?
Mmm as a Brit we call these Woodlice and Ladybirds. I would go for Ladybirds every time. Woodlice freak me out a little bit.
5. Who is the person who makes you laugh so hard soda comes out of your nose and tears stream down your face?
That would be Dom. I have known Dom since I was 4 – with a 16 year hiatus while we went to different schools when I was 5 and I moved away. He is my best friend and we have what we term – Brain Toobs. We pretty much know what the other is thinking and there have been many times I have sprayed whatever is in my mouth on him while laughing and have been in hysterics plenty of times. (He also has a rather cool blog – see below!)
6. Where do you go when you need to get away from it all?
Either at my kitchen table making weird things out of felt, at my computer doing family tree research, or in bed – sleeping (or trying to.)
7. Do you ever hide from door to door salespeople?
Definitely. In fact I did this twice only yesterday. I tend to not answer my door unless I am expecting visitors or a delivery. Helps me avoid people trying to sell me things, convert me to some crazo religion or force me into giving to charity because they are at my door and I hate saying no (not that I am against giving to charity I must point out!)
8. When do you decide it’s time to get gas? 1/2 tank? 1/4 tank? Warning light has been on for 10 miles?
I don’t drive – but my husband does. We tend to wait until the light comes on and we hear the little ‘bing’ that reminds us. The good thing is the fuel gauge tells us how many miles we have left so we can make the decision based on our journey!
9. What is the one talent you wish you had?
I really wish I could draw / paint better. My Mum is a fantastic artist, as are both my siblings. My husband is also uber amazing. My drawings are usually weird cartoon type things, or I copy other pictures reasonably well, but it’s not quite the same as having the ability to just pick up a paintbrush or pencil and do something amazing.
10. If you could time travel would you go to the future or the past?
I would probably go to the past. As I hinted at earlier I do family tree research (not just for me but also for other people professionally as well as making weird stuff out of felt.) I would love to go back and see my ancestors, get the answers to some of the mysteries I have. Who the father is on illegitimate births? What part of Ireland did my 4x great grandfather Elias come from? What was life like in early 20th century Rio de Janeiro for my grandfather and his parents?
So now, 10 other blogs I nominate for the award:
Kingdom of Appetency – Dom’s lovely food blog!
Photos of Doors – some really yummy photos on here – yes they are doors – but lush!
G r a m p u s – a great mishmash of topics – particularly liking the Walt Whitman Leaves of Grass post.
Phoenix or the Flame – I like her bedroom photo (not in a weird stalker way – it’s just nice!)
Adopting Cats – because of cats! (My cats were adopted – RIP Molly & Poppy!)
The Fashionable Foodie – making my mouth water!
LoftyLoves – just oh so pretty.
Avevoneg – loving the pretending to be inspired…
How Not to Kill Your Parents – made me chuckle!
Everything’s Rosie – really loving the fish tails post – some lovely photos!
Okay, so here are the rules:
-Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
-Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
-Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
-Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
-Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
Here are my 10 questions:
1. What is your most overused word?
2. What is the weirdest dream you have ever had?
3. Who or what is your greatest inspiration in life?
4. Have you ever had a security blanket and if so do you still have it?
5. If you have a significant other – how did you meet?
6. Pirates or Dinosaurs? Which do you prefer?
7. Why do birds suddenly appear, every time, you are near?
8. Nosey neighbour or friendly neighbour? Which one are you?
9. Can you dance like a robot?
10. What is your favourite board game from childhood?